Pakistan super league is a formal professional T20 cricket league. own and introduced by six franchises. Wholely governed by pakistan cricket board PCB.
The teams participating in pakistan super league, are representing different cities and zones of pakistan. As shown in thier name. Like karachi king, Islamabad united, Lahore Qalandars, Queta Gladiators, Multan Sultans, and Peshawar Zalmi.

The very first seasons winner of PSL was islamabad united while Defeating Quita Gladiators in the final. On 23 feb 2016 in Dubai cricket stadium. Most winner of PSL is Islamabad united. United won two seasons in a row. currently Qalandars are the Champions of PSL 2022 season.

Agreement with Dubai Group

Pakistan super league LAHORE – (PCB) and Dubai Group announce that the PCB Board of Governors has approve, the signing of the contract with Dubai Group. for the development of the PSL cricket. An officials of the PCB said: “Dubai Group are fully aware of the values of the Pakistan Super League. its significance as a most popular league in Asia. with growing viewership, media coverage and fan base.

“The PCB Board of Governors approve the contract for the development of the PSL. And the first edition will take place in February 2018. Dubai Group have supported several other iconic events including the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, and they are well-known as local partners of PSL. “They will do their utmost to make the PSL a success and we welcome their support in the first season of the league. The total prize money for all teams will be more than INR 200 crores. This will help create a vibrant ecosystem in Pakistan. with venues all around the country as well as a significant fan following.” PSL chairman Najam Sethi said: “We are very proud to have Dubai Group as our long-term partner in our quest to take the PSL to new heights of popularity”.

Launch of Pakistan Super league

In year 2013 the idea to launch psl was come. Cricket board formally announces the league But due to some Hindrances and complexities. in terms of budget, and reluctant to feel its successfulness. as a new emerging cricket league. And also some security and safety issues in pakistan. its not feasible to organize the league matches in pakistan. so far idea is to organize in arab emirates. the league has been postponed. So far latter on PCB organizes formally in 2016. The franchises fully showe thier interest. and go for secure thier guarantees and arrange to successfully happen the league matches in united arab emirates.

Earnings and Revenue Stream.

Estimates state that the competition brings in more than Rs. 2.56 billion for PCB each year. Out of this, 60% comes from sponsorship. And from domestic and international businesses. that work with the PCB to organise the event.

The cricket board and the franchises each receive a portion of the PSL’s overall earnings. The PCB receives 70% of the money. and the remaining 30% is split among the six teams. All the participating franchises have their own group of sponsors. who are in charge of the franchise’s earnings. in addition to the shared money.

All franchises’ revenues are largely comprise on items sales as well. PSL earnings officially recorded as $2.6 million. following the Multan Sultans were added as the sixth team to participate in the competition. Since the league’s inaugural season, it has been held annually. Five different teams have won the competition. Including Islamabad United. Peshawar Zalmi, Quetta Gladiators, Karachi Kings, and Multan Sultans. Misbah Ul haq leaded slamabad United. who was also leading the Pakistan national cricket team at the time. Misbah’s United won the inaugural PSL season. Muhammad Rizwan served as the team’s captain, and Multan Sultans are the current PSL champions.

Some costly players in PSL

Costly players in PSL are Babar Azam, Shadab Khan, Rashid khan, Dale steyn, collin Engram, Hassan Raza, Wahab Riaz, and Muhammad Hafeez. these players are considered as highest paid players in psl. these are the players who are included in platinum category. They will earn 23 million PKR plus salaries in a single season in 2022.

Pakistan super league seasons and Team wins

  • IU united team 2016
  • Pz Zalmi team 2017
  • IU united team 2018
  • QG Gladiators team 2019
  • KK kings team 2020
  • MS sultan team 2021
  • LQ Qalandars team 2022

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *